Karma Campervans Insurance, Mechanical Failure and Roadside Assistance Overview
Basic Insurance Details
- As a Karma Campervans renter, you are automatically covered with our Basic Insurance coverage for:
- Collision – pays for the cost of repairing or replacing the vehicle up to the actual cash value if it collides with another vehicle, the ground or other object.
- Comprehensive – pays for the cost of repairing or replacing the vehicle up to the actual cash value if damage is caused by other unexpected situations like flying objects, vandalism, fire or theft.
- $2 million in Third Party Liability such as if you cause damage to someone else’s property, injure, maim or kill someone.
- The deductible for basic insurance is set at $5,000.
- Your own personal vehicle insurance or other types of insurance (such as credit card) will be your preferred coverage as the deductible will be lower.
- Karma has the right to decline third party liability coverage if your personal vehicle insurance also provides it.
- It is also recommended you purchase trip interruption or cancellation insurance prior to your rental.
Optional Premium Insurance Coverage ($40/night fee)
- If you have purchased Karma’s “Premium Insurance Coverage,” the same policies above apply, however the deductible is lowered to $2,500.
What is NOT covered under Basic and Premium Insurance?
- Damage to vehicle roof because of scraping objects that are too low to travel under.
- Any interior or exterior damage or injury caused by travelling on unmaintained roads, off-road or unlawfully.
- Windhsield chips or windshield replacement (see below).
- Accommodations or transportation due to breakdowns, mechanical failure or accident.
- Damage or injury if operating the vehicle while impaired.
Optional Windshield Chip Coverage ($50 fee)
- Covers up to two (2) “fillable” chips.
- Does not cover chips that then cause cracks while the vehicle is in your possession.
- Does not cover chips that are not refillable or large enough to require a replacement.
- NOTE: Karma charges between $50 and $100 PER ROCK CHIP if this coverage is NOT selected.
Optional Windshield Replacement Coverage ($300 fee)
- Covers for windshields that have been damaged and need to be replaced.
- NOTE: Karma charges between $350 and $750 PER WINDSHIELD if this coverage is NOT selected.
Mechanical Failure and Roadside Assistance
All rentals come with roadside assistance either provided by Ford for vehicles under 100,000 kms or another third party service. In the event the campervan breaks down due to a mechanical failure, please contact Karma Campervans and Ford Roadside Assistance.
Ford Roadside Assistance contact information: 1-800-665-2006
You can use Roadside Assistance if:
- You need to be towed
- You are locked out of your vehicle
- You run out of fuel
- You have a flat or damaged tire
- You need a boost
You will not be able to use Roadside Assistance if an internal part of the camper is malfunctioning such as the heater, cabinets, or electrical component.
In the event of a breakdown (mechanical or internal malfunction), we will do our best to get you back on your journey as quickly as possible. Karma is not responsible for providing accommodation upon breakdown, however Karma will reimburse Renter for the loss of use within the Rental Term for each 24 hour period the Renter does not have use of the Rental at the daily rate amount paid under the Rental Agreement.
A security deposit of $1,000 is due the day prior to picking up the vehicle, which will be returned to you within seven days after your rental is over and once the vehicle has been checked in by a Karma Campervans employee and no deficiencies are found.
For questions or concerns related to insurance or roadside assistance, please contact the Karma team.