Karma Campervans Insurance, Mechanical Failure and Roadside Assistance Overview
Your safety, the safety of our property and the safety of others is a priority for us at Karma Campervans. And in keeping with the Karma Campervans way, we’ve tried to make insurance as simple as possible for our Guests.
Karma Campervans Insurance Overview (current as of May 2021)
- Insurance is not included with your base campervan rental fee.
- You will need to have either your own personal vehicle insurance that covers “cargo van rentals” or other supplemental insurance coverage such as travel insurance, or upgrade to include our insurance add ons in order to rent with us.
- For your convenience, Karma Campervans offers four insurance add on levels for our Guests: “Zero,” “Karma,” “Good Karma,” and “Good Karma Plus.”
- If you do not select one of our insurance add on options, you have elected to “opt out” of insurance protection and will be 100% responsible for damage should anything occur
- Renter is responsible for 100% of damage to the campervan if anything should occur during the rental and as set out in our Rental Agreement.
- Zero, Karma and Good Karma insurance does not protect against windshield chip or replacement cost. Windshield chips that “spider” and are larger than a dime, create a crack, or are not fillable, will result in a full windshield replacement that varies in cost depending on the model year of vehicle from $350 – $750 + tax.
- Karma Campervans cares for our Guests and highly recommends insurance coverage of some kind for your rental.
Insurance Add On
|Zero||Does not cover for any damage to campervan. No 3rd party liability. Renter pays 100% damage costs.|
|Karma||Includes collision and comprehensive coverage to campervan and $2 million in 3rd party liability. Deductible is set at $5,000.|
|Good Karma||Includes collision and comprehensive coverage to campervan and $2 million in 3rd party liability. Deductible is lowered to $2,500.|
|Good Karma Plus Glass||Includes collision and comprehensive coverage to campervan and $2 million in 3rd party liability. Deductible is lowered to $2,500. Includes windshield replacement cost due to rock chip or crack.|
Terms and Definitions:
Collision — pays for the cost of repairing or replacing the vehicle up to the actual cash value if it collides with another vehicle, the ground or other object.
Comprehensive — pays for the cost of repairing or replacing the vehicle up to the actual cash value if damage is caused by other unexpected situations like flying objects, vandalism, fire or theft.
3rd Party Liability — if you cause damage to someone else’s property, injure, maim or kill someone.
What is NOT covered under any of these insurance plans?
- Damage to roof because of scraping objects that are too low to travel under.
- Any interior or exterior damage or injury caused by travelling on unmaintained roads or “off-road.”
- Accommodations or transportation due to breakdowns, mechanical failure or accident.
- Damage or injury if operating the vehicle while impaired or while breaking the law.
Mechanical Failure and Roadside Assistance
All rentals come with roadside assistance either provided by Ford for vehicles under 100,000 kms or another third party service. In the event the campervan breaks down due to a mechanical failure, please contact Karma Campervans and Ford Roadside Assistance.
Ford Roadside Assistance contact information: 1-800-665-2006
You can use Roadside Assistance if:
- You need to be towed
- You are locked out of your vehicle
- You run out of fuel
- You have a flat or damaged tire
- You need a boost
You will not be able to use Roadside Assistance if an internal part of the camper is malfunctioning such as the heater, cabinets, or electrical component.
In the event of a breakdown (mechanical or internal malfunction), we will do our best to get you back on your journey as quickly as possible. Karma is not responsible for providing accommodation upon breakdown, however Karma will reimburse Renter for the loss of use within the Rental Term for each 24 hour period the Renter does not have use of the Rental at the daily rate amount paid under the Rental Agreement.
A security deposit of $1,000 is due the day prior to picking up the vehicle, which will be returned to you within seven days after your rental is over and once the vehicle has been checked in by a Karma Campervans employee and no deficiencies are found.
For questions or concerns related to insurance or roadside assistance, please contact the Karma team.