Karma Campervans is a campervan rental and custom manufacturing company with locations in Calgary and Vancouver. We aim to change the lives of our Guests by offering unforgettable campervan road trip experiences. Since launching Spring 2018, we’ve grown to two locations, nearly 50 campervans and seen over 2,000 people experience our great Canadian outdoors with the road trip of a lifetime. We’re pretty pumped about that. We’re on the hunt for crew members looking to work with a fast growing and industry-disrupting company. We’re a pretty awesome bunch, and encourage anyone with a great work ethic, the right skill set, and enthusiastic attitude towards camping apply. It’s all about #GoodCamping and great people at Karma Campervans.
We need Crew Members
As we grow, we’re going to need great crew members – people like you – to keep our campervan fleet in tip top shape, help Guests book campervans and be a part what will be one of the most memorable trips of their lifetime. We’re always looking to recruit for full and part-time, seasonal and permanent positions.
Digital Nomad needing work? Let’s Chat!
If you’re the outdoorsy type who loves making people happy and just can’t help but offer a few travel tips along the way, we hope you reach out to us. If you’re currently living the #vanlife in our locations, or are a travelling nomad looking for a year-long or more work term, let us know your plans!
For more information about these jobs or to apply please contact us via email and/or submit your resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Karma Job. Please no phone calls. Only those considered will be contacted. Thanks!
Campervan Outfitting Technician – Calgary
We are seeking a full-time Campervan Outfitting Technician to join our awesome team at our campervan manufacturing and rental depot in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience working in a similar manufacturing role, and will be assisting with the construction, maintenance and repair of our rental campervan fleet and custom campervan builds. We are looking for candidates for immediate placement.
Responsibilities and requirements:
- Work full time with build team, Monday to Friday from 8:30am-5:00pm
- Reporting to the Build Lead, work on pre-fabrication of campervan conversion materials, components and accessories as directed
- Use supplied materials and tools (or own tools) to work with and construct parts needed for build out such as wood framing, wall paneling, cabinetry, electrical system and water system
- Installation of campervan insulation, wiring, woodwork, cabinetry, electrical systems, solar systems, heating systems and plumbing systems
- Ability to work well with the build team and take direction as needed
- Experience with hand tools and construction materials is a must
- Willing to offer new ideas and insights into fleet builds and custom build projects
- Take on additional shop duties as needed
- Maintain a clean and orderly workspace and workplace
- Communicate clearly with team regarding repairs and maintenance items
Qualifications and key attributes
- 2-3 years of experience working in construction or similar role
- Strong woodworking, mechanical, electrical and plumbing skills
- Familiarity with campervan/RV systems and components
- A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Good communication and team work skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to lift equipment and tools, climb ladders and work in tight space
- Enthusiastic and a willingness to exceed expectations
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- RV repair or a related experience an asset but not mandatory
We recognize and value industry experience and your compensation will reflect this. Wage will be based on years of experience and skill set.
We pride ourselves on our flexible and adventure-filled atmosphere – and of course, use of the campervans! However, we believe that we get to “play hard once we’ve worked hard.” You can expect benefits and an annual bonus and recognition program after specific periods of employment.
Product Care Specialists (Part-time and Full-time) – Vancouver (Richmond)
Hey Vancouver, Richmond, North Delta, North Surrey!… We’re looking for the BEST Product Care Specialists and want to pay you MORE than what you’re making now to come work for us at our location in Richmond. If you think you’re the BEST, send us your resume + 1 reference to prove it. If we think you’re a great fit, we’ll beat your current wage, plus you’ll get to earn wellness benefits, time with our vans and the opportunity to be a part of our fast growing company.
The Product Care Specialist is responsible for cleaning and detailing campervans between trips as well as light maintenance and quick fixes of add ons and campervan interior. This position is very flexible and has variable hours that range from 10-40 hours per week. Be ready to work in a fun environment and engage with the best Guests. We 100% believe a full life is about working hard, having fun and travelling! We hope you come aboard. For more information about these jobs or to apply please contact us via email and/or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Karma Job. Please no phone calls. Only those considered will be contacted.
Regular tasks include:
- Checking in campervans after a Guest rental, accurately recording and noting deficiencies
- Washing exteriors
- Vacuuming, cleaning, sanitizing camper interior prior to next booking
- Changing, washing and folding linens
- Performing minor maintenance such as fixing latches, touching up paint
- Liaising and work closely with Location Fleet Manager and Booking Coordinator
- Checking rental schedule and prep units before Guest pick up
- Engaging with guests by answering questions, assisting with supplies or with campervan operation
- Driving and parking campervans around lot and to other locations such as auto dealerships
- A Valid Class 5 Drivers License in good standing is required
- No experience necessary but an asset
- Physical ability to lift objects, kneel, clean in tight quarters
- Detail oriented and hard working
- Able to work weekdays, evenings, weekends and holidays
We recognize and value industry experience and your compensation will reflect this. Wage will be based on years of experience and skill set. We will BEAT your current wage if we think you’re the BEST and a great fit for our crew.
We pride ourselves on our flexible and adventure-filled atmosphere – and of course, use of the campervans! However, we believe that we get to “play hard once we’ve worked hard.” You can expect a yearly health spending, and annual bonus and recognition program after specific periods of employment.
For more information about these jobs or to apply please contact us via email and/or submit your resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Karma Job. Please no phone calls. Only those considered will be contacted.