We want to help!
Karma Campervans has idle campervans in Vancouver (8), Kelowna (1) and Calgary (18) that would make perfect rest areas or isolation rooms for those most affected by the pandemic and needing to isolate themselves.
We’re looking to support those front line healthcare or care centre workers who have at-risk families and need to self-isolate at their home or workplace, as well as doctors and other medical staff who need a comfortable place to rest between shifts. Our goal is to make these heroes more comfortable and their families feel safer during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
While we won’t be able to serve everyone, our hope is to help those with the greatest need for our vehicles, and to encourage other rental companies or RV owners to do the same.
Program details (Updated April 6)
- Karma Campervans is offering a short-term (30 day or less), complementary ($1 for rental contract purposes) rental between now and the end of May (or longer if needed)
- Renter will need to sign a rental agreement and commit to a $500 security deposit
- Renter would be responsible for picking up the campervan at our location in Calgary and Vancouver (Richmond), however if that’s not possible, Karma Campervans staff are willing to deliver the vehicle to a location surrounding areas within 30-40 min drive (Okotoks, Airdrie, Strathmore, Cochrane in Alberta. Richmond, Surrey, Delta, Coquitlam, White Rock in BC)
- Renter will be responsible for the cleanliness and upkeep of the campervan while in their possession including regular sanitizing
- Renter will be responsible for supplying their own bedding, and hand towels. If these aren’t accessible, Karma Campervans will supply free of charge, however regular washing will be responsibility of the renter
- Each campervan comes with queen sized bed, heater, lights, usb outlets, inverter for powering laptops or phones, storage, portable water container, sink, and Coleman stove with one 1lb propane tank (see the gallery here). We’ve had to make the decision to NOT include kitchenwares such as pots and pans, plates and cups in order to reduce the risk of transmission.
- The vehicles are 22 feet long and 10 feet high and fit in most regular parking stalls or driveways
- The heater runs off the fuel of the van and would require at least 1/2 tank or fuller to operate. Renter would be responsible for topping up fuel
- Each van should have access to a 110V power outlet within 30-50′ from where the van will be parked to plug in to in order to maintain optimal battery power
- Portable toilets available upon request
- Renters must be 25 years or older
To request a campervan please fill out this simple form (link below). While we would love to help everyone, only those most affected and in greatest need will be selected. Thank you for allowing us to contribute to the effort!
Request form link: https://forms.gle/jok5XydXj6ay5UQM9
If our program won’t work out for you and you still need assistance, please take a look at the following RV-related resources:
Thanks and stay safe,
– Dave, Kyle and Jeff